All of our family favorite recipes with our pickles, sauerkraut, and more.
1 QT. Kruegermann Sauerkraut
1/2 Onion, diced
1/4 LB. Bacon (thick)
1 TBS Sugar
1 TBS Potato Flakes
- Cut bacon into strips lengthwise, then into 1/4'' cubes.
- Cook until it begins to brown, then add the onion. Continue to cook until onions are soft.
- Drain most of the liquid from the sauerkraut jar into a separate container (you can add it later if you'd like).
- Add sauerkraut to the bacon and onions.
- Add water to just cover the sauerkraut when pushed into the pot.
- Add sugar and potato flakes
- Stir together well. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, and enjoy!
*Bonus: Add some pineapple chunks & a little juice for added sweetness